all the information you need to correct your stroke based on your swim type!
After discovering your Swim Type, start your journey towards better freestyle by purchasing one of our Stroke Correction & Training Guides - there's one for each of the Swim Types. The guides are supplied as an instant digital download to your computer so you can get to work within minutes!
Each guide is an 18 to 23 page Adobe Acrobat (PDF) document, which you can easily view on your computer or print out. Priced at £12 / US$20 / AUS$20 / CAN$20 / €17 the guides offer amazing value for money.
- A complete type description showing you how your stroke fits together as a whole with all the characteristics and nuances unique to your type. We will highlight things that are happening in your stroke that you may not be aware of.
- A clear step by step process to follow to develop your individual stroke. This gets you tightly focused on the individual things you need to work on in your swimming, which might be very different from other swimmers. Very importantly we cut out all the clutter here, removing all the methods that you don't need to concern yourself with because either they are well developed in your swimming already or are not suitable for you to develop yet. This greatly simplifies things for you and accelerates your development as a swimmer.
"This is great information and advice for open water swimmers. What a creative and easy-to-understand format! What is most amazing to me is that you have visually captured the essence, strengths and weaknesses of different types of freestyle swimming."
Steven Munatones, Ten-Time USA National Open Water Swim Coach & International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame Honor Swimmer
- Details of all the drills and visualisations you need to develop your stroke, all specific to your Swim Type. These are supplied with clear explanations and plenty of pictures, so that you can easily introduce them to your swimming sessions. We'll tell you exactly what each drill is for, what you are looking for when you perform it and how it will influence your full freestyle stroke.
- Common pitfalls to avoid, specific to your stroke type. Some of these are caused by each type's unique physical characteristics, whilst others stem from personality traits common to each type.
- Four complete stroke development sessions to take to the pool and follow. Each contains the right drills and fitness work given your level of experience, stroke style, speed and physical characteristics. Following these sessions will have you making big strides forwards.
- A clear pathway to take your swimming forwards in the long term. Different Swim Types naturally develop in different directions with their stroke technique. We'll show you how to move towards an ideal stroke for you, given your height, build, strength, personality and experience.
All Swim Smooth products come with our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Our Money Back Guarantee
We're so confident in the ability of these Stroke Correction and Training Guides to improve your swimming that we offer a complete money-back guarantee with every sale. If you are not fully satisfied with your Guide for any reason let us know within 28 days of purchase and we will give your a full refund.
Buy Your Guide Now:
All guides are supplied in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format as an instant digital download to your email inbox:
Swim Smooth are proud to have been selected as Coaching Consultants to the British Triathlon Federation Find out more
about swim smooth
Hi there and welcome to Swim Smooth! You know, when I left England in 2001 and became head coach to Australia's largest triathlon club, I encountered a frustrating problem. I felt we were doing a great job of improving our swimmers' strokes and were getting some brilliant race results but there was never enough time to properly explain the methods we were using to our squad swimmers.
My solution was to produce our first Stroke Correction DVD and Swim Smooth was born. It was an instant hit with our swimmers and then with a wider audience around the world.
That was way back in 2004. Since then as Swim Smooth has grown, we've been careful to nurture what's important to us: an individual approach to stroke correction (because everyone's bodies vary considerably, as you might have noticed!); an open minded sharing philosophy (please take a good look around the site); and a solid foundation of coaching methods from elite swimming and triathlon. But our greatest goal is true to the original concept: to clearly show you, the swimmer, how to improve your swimming whatever your level.
I have a request for you: if you enjoy and benefit from Swim Smooth, please spread the word about us. If you have any suggestions, queries or feedback for the Swim Smooth team, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we'd love to hear from you.